I have recently become a fanatic about finding delicious, healthy food to keep me energized and hearty. I want to share some of my favorite healthy diet secrets to help you guys maintain a healthy lifestyle! Everyone knows that the key, to getting vitamins in your diet, is to eat colorful, delicious fruits and vegetables (the more color, the better). I have recently discovered that mushrooms provide several important nutrients and tend to be left in the dark because let’s be honest they lack color and don’t always look all that appetizing.
But here is what you need to know about mushrooms.
1. naturally low in sodium, fat and cholesterol and calories
2. prevent chronic disease due to the antioxidants and fibers
3. can help enhance weight loss
4. improved immune system function
5. increasing vitamin D levels throughout your diet
I always love to cook and now that I am finding better ways to stay healthy, I am coming up with the most delicious recipes.
How to incorporate more mushrooms into your diet
When buying mushrooms in the market, chose ones that are firm, dry and unbruised (I tend to buy organic ones). Store them in the refrigerator and do not wash or trim until ready to cook.
My Recipe (it’s simple! and a fun side dish or snack)
1. Wash and dry mushrooms, and slice
3. Prepare a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil over medium heat
4. Once the pan has heated up place mushrooms, garlic and salt and pepper to taste
5. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, occasionally stirring
6. Add lemon juice, one tablespoon of paprika and coriander and a tablespoon of white wine to the mushrooms
7. Cook for an additional 2 minutes
8. Let it cool and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!